Wednesday 20 April 2011

Task 3 - How will I promote myself?

BRIEF
Based on the principles that have been introduced so far in the Enterprise module and your findings in previous tasks, evaluate the most suitable marketing methodologies for your own practice and the most effective methods to reach your potential customers.
It is essential that you make references to some of the methodologies in the ʻMarketing Communication Mixʼ and evaluate the ʻPlaceʼ that will give you the greatest competitive advantage and be convenient for your clients / customers.



When communicating with my target client group I willl need to consider a few components of the Marketing Communication Mix, such as exhibitions, personal selling, direct mail and public relations. I must consider that I am offering a service and not a product, but also that I essentially am the 'product' that clients would buy into.
With originality and flare, being important within design work, I must also prove that I am keen and genuinely interested in the particular sector that my clients works in, as I would be designing for what they want, and not what I want, however my personal values must come into this as well. But I cannot say I am driven by one thing, but have my work appear differently, as this is contradictory.
To prove to new clients my reliabilty and proffessional expertise, I could shown testimonials from previous clients. This ensures trust between my client and I can be developed, which is due having a track record of delivering innovative reults.
Exhibiting work is a great way to get people seeing your work, and is also a great place to network and make contacts. Having a website as a point of contact for clients would be convenient as it is easily accessable to most people. I would also like to exploit social media as they are very popular in this day and age and would help get me known and recognised as a designer within the industry.
At meetings with clients, or interviews with emplyers, my main aim would be to come across as professional, honest, friendly, relaxed and passionate about what I do. Because ultimately, if I don't care - why should they?
Creating a quirky viral campaign, such as sending a mail shot to potential clients would be a great way to contact them directly and make an impression. This would need to be thoroughly thought about, as it would be representing me and my service, and what I am about, and it would need to be memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment