Tuesday 3 May 2011

OUCE255 - End of Module Evaluation

Throughout the course of this module, I feel I have learnt a great deal, and found out about alot of important areas to consider when I move from university into the industry.

I have found the module to be challenging, especially with the tasks consisting of analysing other design companys out there, as I felt I was in no position to judge their well established businesses. I tended to leave the harder tasks til the end, but then felt once they were completed, I had learnt alot from them. With the Enterprise mdoule working alongside PPD it has helped in my quest to realise who I am as a designer, and has created some clarity as to what I would like to do more of and learn more about.

I enjoyed the lectures, and could understand and keep up with what Bridget was talking about due to her enthusiasm, clarity and optimism. She was very inspiring. I also completed a few of the quizzes that helped reinforce the information that had been given to us, and make it memorable.

I am pleased with how well the presentation went and feel we covered the main issues of setting up a business in the allocated time of 8-10minutes. I found it difficult to manage time and get us all meeting up together due to timetable clashes and other commitments. This meant meeting outside of college time and keep in touch through email and our blogs. I tried to work as the project leader as we split up our responsibilities and I created the flow of our presentation. I also covered the costings (a real eye-opener) and found a location for our studio to be based. With the commitment of our team we managed to come together in the end and it worked, and we recieved positive feedback.

Overall I feel I definately have a better insight into the industry and the basics of setting up a small business. Although it is not something I would like to do straight away after university, it is always a possibility for the future, once I've had experience working in the industry and made contacts.

1 comment:

  1. so glad you have enjoyed,understood and seen the value of the module and feel more aware of the industry and who you are within it.

    ReplyDelete