Friday 27 May 2011

End of Module Evaluation - OUGD203

Throughout this module I feel I have learnt alot abotu my own design practice. I enjoyed collaborating for the YCN brief and found that between us, our workload increased dramatically to what would have been if we were alone. However, compromise was a big part of this, and when it came to Product Raneg Distribution brief, I then felt I hasd the freedom to explore my own creative interests. I enjoyed the Design for Web brief, as I have never doen this before, and it know gives me another area of graphic design to look into developing my skills further.

Through the duration of the briefs I have realised I spend far too much time at the beghinning doing all the research, and then not having as much time to design. I have spotted this as sopmething to consider, as starting the design work earlier will allow me more time to develop and push my work to its full potential. However, it is still important to research to allow myself to make informed decisions.

I have really enjoyed designing logos, and brand identitys in this module, and would like to expand on this within third year. Managing my time is also something I need to think about further in third year, so I can make the most of my time designing, and not squander it away.

One thing I have noticed as a weakness in my design work is that I tend to prioritise which idea I think has the most potential, and don't explore the other ideas as deep. I realise that I should make sure I exhaust every direction to see which styles and outcomes I could end up with, becuase I could surprise myself and end up with totally different, more effective outcomes.

Thinking of what I woudl do differently, I will definately start designign earlier in the next brief, to allow myself more time for development. I need to stop stayign safe with my ideas, and coem up with some really clever, intriguing concepts that I am proud of. I have kept on top of my blog in this module, and will carry on doing so. And also I will make sure that when it comes to crits, that I bring enough work and make sure it is clear with the ideas/concept I am trying to get across, and ask what I need to know about my design work and how it could be improved, so I come away more benefited with help toward my design development.

Attendane - 4
Punctuality - 3
Motivation - 5
Commitment - 5
Quantity of work produced - 4
Quality of work produced - 4
Contribution to the group - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment