Monday 8 March 2010

What is a line? Brief Rationale

The Brief:
Using the manipulation of line, frame, format, media and colour, I have to produce a body of work that visually investigates to definition of the word line.
The quote I have chosen to base my investiagtion on is ''A formation of people, objects or things on besides/behind the other.
The workshop that I have chosen for my brief to be based upon is the photography workshop.

Considerations:
Time management, practical work, photography, contextual/theoretical relevance
I need to develop and catalog a range of investigative and experimental approaches in response to the quote I have chosen. I also need to document the application and evaluation of media.
Construction of a line: draw, trace, add/remove, layer, dot, drage...
Media, format, frame

Target Audience:


Tone of Voice:

Background:
One of the hnumerous definitions of frawing is the act of defining the outlines of an object against a background, using a wide variety of tools and techniques. It generally involves making/applying marks to a surface.

Mandatory requiremtns:
Produce a body of work - exploring development
7week worth of work
Set aside time to draw regularly
Visual investigation
Based on a workshop previously undertaken in Visual Language

Deliverables:
A set of notebooks/sketchbooks and drawings/images in an organised, rational and considered format.

Studio Deadline:
After Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment