Monday 26 October 2009

OUGD101 Alpha. Type. Visual. Eval.

REFERRING TO THE TYPEFACE THAT I HAVE DESIGNED

Which personality traits did you choose to respond to and apply the typeface?
For the person he admired he said David Attenborough from the programme planet earth. He likes to watch this and it shows he is interested in the natural environment.

What are the reasons behind the design decisions you have made for the typeface?
The typeface (Hobo Std) has a laid back style and also a comic book feel to it, which also relates to his personality (Laid back, Calm, Happy, Mystery).

In what ways are the results effective?
They have been illustrated simply but effectively, and I think they capture the 'nature' feel and are visually appealing. The type is black with hints of the colour red, to show more of his personality coming through. I left the fill of the type blank, to show ther is more to his personality that I don't know, and I only know what is on the outside (negative space).

REFERRING TO THE TYPEFACE THAT HAS BEEN DESIGNED FOR ME

What personality traits do you interpret from the typeface designed to represent you?
That I am a positive person.

Describe what you think of the typeface:
The typeface used is Baskerville, which has a simple yet elegant style to it. It is legible, even though he has not used a stroke around the edge of the letterface, just created the letterfaces using small plus (+)symbols in the fills.

In what ways is it effective, and in what way is it ineffective of representing you?
It has a sence of style, elegance and maturity which I think is effective. However, I think it only captures that side of my personality, of me being a positive person.

No comments:

Post a Comment