Wednesday 16 February 2011

OUGD202 - End of Module Evaluation

Throughout the duration of this module I have learnt alot about my own design practice. I found design for screen to be enjoyable and satisfying. I enjoyed working in After Effects and applying knowledge learnt form the workshops, and also when I got a result better than I thought it would turn out to be. With beign new to motion graphics I found it interesting and something I would like to develop further, as it can give you alot of options for possible design solutions/outcomes. I have also learnt how to organise my time better, and found staying behind later in college impacted on the quantity of work I managed to produce in the given time. It was also useful as I do not have the After Effects on my own laptop.

I found that when researching it was best to start the design process with finding out as much information as I could about the subject to help me make informed design decision. It also helps with the direction of my design work as it can lead you in different directions in terms of tone of voice, style, and who the potential audience is.

The strengths I feel that have come through in this module show through in my motion graphics, as I got the hang of using the After Effects programme. I also found that storyboarding and working with timelines was a very important part of design for screen and is best to work out exactly what you want to do before going anywhere near the computer. This was a great method and I enjoyed coming up with design variations, and working with the frame and how the assets move around within it.

One thing I have noticed as a weakness in my design work is that I tend to prioritise which idea I think has the most potential, and don't explore the other ideas as deep. I realise that I should make sure I exhaust every direction to see which styles and outcomes I could end up with, becuase I could surprise myself and end up with totally different, more effective outcomes.

Thinking to what I have done and what I would do differently next time, I definately will develop my ideas further to gain different possible directions. To stop staying safe with design, try to come up with more original concepts and think outside the box more, so I surprise myself with the ideas I come up with. To keep my blog more organisated and keep on top of it. And also I will make sure that when it comes to crits, that I bring enough work and make sure it is clear with the ideas/concept I am trying to get across, and ask what I need to know about my design work and how it could be improved, so I come away more benefited with help toward my design development.


Attendane - 4
Punctuality - 4
Motivation - 5
Commitment - 5
Quantity of work produced - 4
Quality of work produced - 4
Contribution to the group - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment