Saturday 13 February 2010

OUGD102 - End of Module Self Evaluation

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

 
Throughout this module I think I have found a deeper understanding for the need to research, and how it's importance contributes to the development of the design process. Researching helps you to understand what is needed to communicate with the public, and I think I have done thisquite effectively to produce work that is visually engaging to its specific audience.
I have also become more aware of how I am spending my time, through the time management workshop and it has helped me to create schedules to work by, in order to make the most of the time I have.

 
2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

 
Learning and understanding different types of researching including primary, secondary, quantitive and qualitative have been usful to gain different elements of research for your subect matter. I particularly liked using results from questionnaire's as they consisted of different people's opinions, so I could develop my design work according to the results.

 
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

 
I like using photography from first hand observations, to work with as starting points for design development. In some briefs I have created and used stencils from these that have proved to be visually interesting. I like coming up with clever designs, and concepts with alterier meanings.

 
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

 
I used to tend to come up with a particular idea and work towards creating that. In a way I do still prioritise and choose ideas that I like more than others, and spend most of my time developing them instead of giving the other ideas a chance. I will need to broaden my ideas and devlopment work in future design to gain different outcomes.

 
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

 
1. I will develop my skills in Adobe illustrator, as I tend to use photoshop mostly. As it offers you different ways of devloping ideas.
2. I need to be more organised when it comes to mhy design sheets and sketchbooks, so I can see what is missing and what I need to find out more of.
3. I will use the studio in the evenings as it offers a better working environment, and I can produce more work.
4. I will try to be more assertive in crits, and learn from other people's work styles, to help me understand my own style more.
5. I will use reasearch as a way of directing my design process.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:

Attendance - 4

Punctuality - 3

Motivation - 4

Commitment - 4

Quantity of work produced - 4

Quality of work produced - 4

Contribution to the group - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment