Monday 23 November 2009

OUGD101 - End of Module Evaluation

What practical skills have you developed throught his module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have contributed well within a group work activites, having to generate and develop ideas together. I have learnt about colour studies, which was very useful as I know see the importanc eoff colour within design, so I will take it more into consideration. I have also learnt new techniques on photoshop and illustrator that I will go on the use and also learn more.


What approaches to/method of problem solving have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have developed a strategy to first look at the concept , then the ideas, then the research and development and then finally the evaluation. I have learnt to look at the problem and figure out what it is about, what I need to know more about and what are the specifications.


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I am always trying to come up with different and clever deigns with significant meanings, I will go on to do this in the following modules.


What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

My critical analysis skills need to be worked on when it comes to explaining my work throughout the design process and also on my blog. I will try to use a broader vocabulary using terms that are relevant to my design work.


Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1.I will add work to the module brief everyday rather than to let the work load build up, so I can cope better.
2. I will use the studio more after college time as I do not get distracted there, and I will be able to produce and develop more work.
3. I will try to come up with various different ideas for each brief before deciding which path to take rather than having a fixed idea in my mind from the start.
4. I will arrive earlier to college so I have time to mentally and physically prepare myself for the working day rather than rushing around.
5. I will try to analyse my work thoroughly and be more critical about my work.


How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(5=excellent, 4=very good, 3=good, 2=average, 1=poor)

Attendance - 5
Punctuality - 3
Motivation - 5
Commitment - 4
Quantity of work produced - 5
Quality of work produced - 4
Contribution to the group - 4


No comments:

Post a Comment